Pastor Curtis Lowe and wife Carol started the Enlighten Mental Health Ministry at an Asian American church to enlighten, encourage, and educate people facing the realities of mental illness to lighten our burden.
They share openly about their own struggles and how they’ve found hope and healing. We also talk about challenges in working with people from shamed-based Asian American cultures and the difference between shame and stigma.
Watch the Enlighten Seminar recorded on October 19, 2019, at enlightenmentalhealth.org/2018-seminar-videos-and-handouts
- Follow Curtis @CurtisOCDpastor and Carol @Enlightencarol1 on Twitter
- Like the Facebook page for Enlighten Mental Health Ministry at facebook.com/EnlightenMH + visit the website at enlightenmentalhealth.org
- “Mental health seminar to address topics from Christian perspective” By Christina Cox in The Acorn, August 2019.
- 2018 Enlighten Mental Health Seminar – YouTube Playlist – plenary sessions and workshops
- COMI (Caregivers of the Mentally Ill) Support Group @ 2nd and 4th Monday each month in Thousand Oaks
- Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks cccto.org