Dr. Rie Mizuki shares about her experiences with having depression, anxiety, and insomnia. She has lived in Japan and the USA and speaks to the cultural shame involved. As a therapist, having both professional training and personal experiences greatly helps people cope with depression.
If you think you might have depression, there is help. Consider options for treatment and support. See erasingshame.com/resources
ABOUT THIS SERIES:
We are having honest talk about healthy living. We will talk about hard topics like sexuality, depression, anxiety, family history, mental illness. There is no shame in sharing one’s pain.
- Made possible by California Mental Health Services Authority calmhsa.org in collaboration with Asian American Christian Counseling Service aaccs.org and support from viewers like you!
- Produced by the Erasing Shame Team—DJ Chuang, Natalie Hsieh, Eunice Lee
- Interviews by Jeremiah Chuang
- Videography by Michael Kitada
- Video Bumper by Michael Chang, mighty.la
- Audio Mixing by YaBo Audio yaboaudio.com